No Sew Fabric Christmas Ornament to Easily Personalize Your Tree
Would you like to have a very crafty Christmas?
This no-sew fabric Christmas ornament will add an unusual touch to your Christmas tree.
You can make it together with kids and you’ll probably hang this ornament on your tree year after year.
This no-sew ornament is crafted from soft spandex fabric with metallic accents.
Deep red and shimmering in the light, this ornament is a real show-stopper.
If you have small kids or pets you better use soft ornaments because they don’t shatter when dropped.
In bright red with some sparkles, it’s the perfect way to make your Christmas tree shine.
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means I will receive a commission if you order a product through one of my links. I only recommend products I believe in and use myself.
What you’ll need
- Styrofoam Ball (I used 2.7-inch ball)
- Fabric (maybe around half a yard, but the amount of fabric will depend on the size of styrofoam ball and how close you will insert the squares). I used spandex fabric because it doesn’t fray.
- Ribbon for hanging the ornament
- Wooden skewer to push fabric into the ball (or you can use a bamboo knitting needle)
- Glue (or glue gun) to attach the ribbon
Check out this beautiful spandex fabric
Mermaid Hologram Fish Scale Stretch Spandex Fabric 58"/60" Wide (Purple Scale, 1 Yard)
- Mermaid Scales Hologram Spandex Fabric
- 60" Wide, 1/2" Scale Size, High Quality
- Amazing Fabric. The fabric is gorgeous to look at was well as excellent quality. The color is vibrant and showy, the stretch is excellent and the fabric is fairly heavy weight. the scales are about 1"
- pls choose the yard you need,1 yard is cut in 1 yard,2 yards is cut in 2 yards
Shiny Holographic Foil Mermaid Scales Pattern on Black Stretch Nylon Spandex Shiny Tricot Fabric By the Yard (Gold)
- FABRIC CONTENT: 80% Nylon 20% Spandex
- Shiny Tricot Fabric, Shiny Holographic Foil, Light to Medium Weight, Weight: 270 grams/yard, 58 to 60 Inches Wide, 4-Way Stretch
- Measurements of 1 yard order = 60 inches x 36 inches, Multiple quantity orders will be in one continuous piece (Example: Purchase Qty: 2, receive 2 yards in one continuous piece).
- Used for making: fashion apparel, tops, dresses, costumes, leggings, home décor, & more
- Please use the ruler (inches) and/or penny in photos for size reference of the pattern.
Ben Textiles Mystic Hologram Lame Tricot Purple Gold, Fabric by the Yard
- This super shiny and spectacular medium weight athletic/dancewear knit lamé fabric features printed foil and holographic effects for glitz and glam. With 15% four-way stretch and great recovery this knit is perfect for leotards leggings form fitting knit apparel and more.
- 80% Nylon/20% Spandex
- 58'' wide. Fabric is sold by the yard and cut to order. For example, order of 1 yard (Qty=1) is 58'' x 36''. Order of 3 yards (Qty=3) is 58'' x 108''.
- Washing Instructions: Cold Handwash with Mild Soap. Dry Clean Preferred.
Shattered Glass Hologram Stretch Fabric by The Yard (1 Yard, Silver/White)
$21.99 in stock
- Hologram Fabric
- Content: 80% Nylon 20% Spandex
- Width: 58/60"
- Stretch: 4-way
- Great For: Costumes, dance wear, special occasions
Metallic Foil Lame Spandex Knit Fabric (Silver Iridescent Hologram, 2 Yards)
- Width: 58/60"
- Content: 90% Polyester 10% Spandex
- Contains a 4-way stretch, this lightweight knit is perfect for costumes, dancewear, and form fitting apparel.
- Great for event decor, costumes, dance outfits, apparel and many crafts projects!
So, let’s dress up a plain styrofoam ball.
Cut 50-60 squares from your fabric. The size of the square is 2 in x 2 in.
If you have a rotary cutter and cutting mat you can use these tools for cutting squares. Or you can just use fabric shears. The squares don’t need to be precise.
Now take a wooden skewer or something like that, for example, a bamboo knitting needle, and push the fabric square into the ball using the wooden skewer. The fabric will stay inside the ball. Some pieces may occasionally fall but you can easily reinsert them.
Glue a piece of ribbon for hanging the ornament.
Cover the whole ball with fabric.
Isn’t it fun to make something like this?
If you prefer to watch the tutorial GO TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO SEE THE VIDEO
I have a few more Christmas projects on my blog. Check out two of them below if you are interested.
Did you find this tutorial helpful? If so, save this pin (see below) on your sewing board so you can come to this tutorial later when you are ready to make this no-sew fabric Christmas ornament and follow me on Pinterest for more tips, tutorials, and inspiration!
Ready to take the next step in your sewing journey? Check out more step-by-step tutorials from my blog and don’t forget to share !