When I sew sheer fabric and I need to make darts I am always using this amazing sewing technique, using only a bobbin thread for stitching. Very unusual sewing trick. This article will explain why you may need to do it and when it is useful.
It can can also be used when making or altering DIY wedding dress from chiffon or organza since the whole dress will then be made out of this material and any stray threads or knots may be visible.
The full article which explains in detail the procedure can be found here: How to sew sheer fabric using only a bobbin thread for stitching.
- How to Sew Elastic into Waistbands: A Casing Method by Serger
- Water Soluble Thread: The Ultimate Guide
- Elastic Essentials: a Guide to the Different Types for Your Sewing Projects
- 19 Advanced Features of Modern Sewing Machines
- Sustainable Sewing: Eco-Friendly Techniques For The Modern Sewist
- Panasonic Cordless Irons: Review and Insights from Daily Use
- How To Declutter Your Sewing Space Step-by-Step
- Transform Your Denim: Inspiring Embroidery Ideas for a Unique Twist
- How To Choose The Right Sewing Machine Needle For Your Project