So, your sewing machine got a problem? It doesn’t sew, or breaks needles or makes a mess with thread? How frustrating!
The project has to be finished, but the sewing machine you need the most is not up to the task.
I get it, friend, sewing machine problems are STRESSFUL!
If you own a sewing machine long enough, you’re going to have to figure out how to fix it at some point or another. While some sewing machine problems are preventable, others are inevitable.
There might be something very simple going on — something that you can fix on your own.
I’ve put together this printable troubleshooting guide PDF. Whether you use a traditional sewing machine or a modern computerized one, work through this ebook before thinking about a replacement or going to a service center.
How to troubleshoot your sewing machine
This eBook is the Step-by-Step System for Solving Your Problems in No-Time Flat!
So, before you panic, check these tips to try if you are in the middle of a sewing project and your machine suddenly stopped working.
All the necessary information is neat, organized, and easy-to-understand!
- Know exactly what to do + how to do it. Just follow the worksheets + guided prompts — it’s like having a professional near you to guide you along.
- Get access to every possible solution you’ll need to troubleshoot your machine
- Simplify the whole process and make troubleshooting so much quicker
These are the problems we are going to solve
- Thread is bunching under your fabric when you sew
- Sewing machine’s needle breaks
- Thread keeps breaking
- Sewing machine is skipping stitches
- Fabric is not feeding at all or the fabric feed is inconsistent
- Thread is fraying or shredding (and breaks in the end)
- The machine is ON but doesn’t sew at all
- Thread knots and tangles and doesn’t go smoothly when the machine is working
- Threads are bunching at the start or ends of seams
- Stitches don’t look nice and are loopy and loose
- The sewing machine tension is inconsistent
- Needle comes unthreaded when you start sewing
- Sewing machine makes an unusual noise
- Automatic needle threader stopped working
- Bobbin winder stopped working (bobbin is not winding)
- Sewing machine is not picking up the bobbin thread
- Bobbin keeps popping out (for top-loaded machines)
- Fabric is puckering under the presser foot
- Automatic buttonhole problems
- The machine doesn’t do what you want it to do, and “behaves” weirdly
Also, a modern sewing machine can be quite an investment and it’s important to take good care of your machine. As they say,
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
So I will show you exactly what you should do to keep your machine in good working order for years!
You can prevent many problems with your sewing machine if you do regular maintenance and follow tips from this eBook.
Here are a few pages of the eBook.
What Are You Waiting For, Friend? Get the eBook How to Troubleshoot a Sewing Machine to Help You Repair Your Machine at Home!
Did you find this article helpful? If so, save this pin (see below) on your sewing board so you can come to this article later when you are ready to troubleshoot your sewing machine, and follow me on Pinterest for more tips, tutorials, and inspiration!