Learn all about types of sewing pins: glass head sewing pins, pearlized sewing pins, decorated sewing pins, flat sewing pins, novelty, fancy, fun sewing pins, etc. This sewing tutorial is focusing on how to choose the best pins for sewing and how to use sewing pins. You’ll find sewing pins that come in different thicknesses and lengths, pins that have different tips, pinheads, or are made of different materials. Each style has a specific purpose, and I’m going to share that with you in this video.
It is possible to sew without using pins for every single project, but it is more difficult because they help tremendously with:
- Holding the pattern to the fabric to prevent shifting during cutting
- Temporarily holding fabrics and materials together while you sew
- Mark places in the fabric where you need to start or stop stitching
- Holding trim in place while you stitch
- Pinning up hems to keep them in place
The full article can be found here: Types of sewing pins and their uses: all you need to know about straight pins for sewing.